exit february, enter march. rarely has a new month been as welcome. It is a step to spring that we eagerly await … and the break to warmer temps, spending time outside and fresh thinking seems essential.
as an owner of a beauty and wellness business, i am constantly asking for feedback from clients, and our many coworkers about trends they see and what they have learned from clients ... we all have our own litmus of "nice to have vs. need to have."
right now we are featuring our mask-up! campaign and all our hair masks, face treatment masks and PPE masks are 25% off.
if you have not used treatment masks lately, it is a great way to provide moisture to winter thirsty hair, even out skin tone or hydrate your facial skin. these are two of our favorites ...
- kérastase professional hair masks for frizzy, colored, dull or damaged hair ... $57.50. 200ml.
- ab glow face mask ... deep cleansing mask, helps restore radiance by eliminating toxins and impurities and energizing the complexion to reveal a healthy, youthful glow. The thermal, charcoal formula activates with water, creating a warming sensation, while helping to melt away debris ... $39, 2.2oz.
that brings us to sparking more fun … some of our clients tell us their beauty drawers and closets are spilling over with products. your assignment:
set out all your products and line them up as to type.
now it’s time to purge…haven’t used in a year? toss out or offer to a friend to try.
now it’s time to look at what you have kept and that will help you decide what you need. also think about how you can spark some DIY fun with the products that you already have.
use up odds and ends of hair conditioner by saturating your hair, wrapping in a turban and leave on for an hour … or a few hours … before you shampoo. a thick face cream can be used the same way, apply liberally to your skin and leave it on while you watch an episode, then gently remove and apply serum and a layer of moisture.
if you have a facial peel that you never started using or have some left, think about it as a décollaté peel. women’s skin in this area usually has more sun damage than the face and the deep exfoliation may help.
and even if you are finished with keeping a sourdough starter alive, you will like making your own sugar scrub that can be used on your body and feet in the shower. the ab nail bar uses a homemade scrub to rave reviews from clients. here’s our secret recipe that you can make at home. mix together a half cup of sugar, 3 tbsp. of salt, and 3 tbsp. of a liquid shower gel or body wash. dig in, use it liberally and often on shoulders, hands, arms, elbows and feet.
right now, many are already reaching for crest white strips. whether you have been to the dentist or pushed it off in the last 12 months it is a real lift to see whiter teeth. they are sold everywhere, and are a satisfying DIY.
if you are comfortable with spa services again, or ready to consider them … think about what you really want to achieve when you reserve a massage, a facial or decide to try an anti-aging cryogenic service.
if you want a super relaxing time-out, make sure that you are clear with your therapist. for a facial, what is most important to you? super clean skin? a hydrated glow? or a quiet relaxing experience? a discussion of your skin care needs? when you are ready, we are here and guarantee you will be happy and feel safe with your experience and the results you get.
let’s amplify the natural lift we all get from spring by sparking fun with our routines … thinking ahead to green grass, warm breezes and time outside with family and friends.
ab favorite DIY products ...
- skinceuticals retinol ... it's a maximum strength refining night cream with pure retinol, to revitalize skin and help diminish signs of aging. for face, neck and decollate ... $89.50, 1 fl. oz.
- éminence firm skin acai exfoliating peel ... hydrate your skin deeply and r educe the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with this active, exfoliating peel solution. packed with antioxidants sources from acai berry, grapefruit and goji, the peel also includes lactic and glycolic acids which result in firmer looking skin ... $80.50, 60 pads
- Marvis toothpaste formulas are based on a traditional processing method that guarantees a dense, compact texture, maximum protection, and an extraordinarily bright smile ... white, protected teeth, fresh breath all day long, and aid in prevention of tooth decay, tartar and plaque ... $11.50, 3.8 oz.
- NEW natura bissé inhibit retinol eye lift. fine line minimizing eye contour fluid. multi tasker and botox in a bottle. relax, smooth, lift and brighten your eyes ... $181.50, 0.5 oz.
- quick fix for skin ... ab tinted primer broad spectrum spf 20. ab hero, sincare meets makeup. contains vitamins a, e and c. paraben and oil free and provides hydration, lift and natural glow ... $42.00, 1.7 oz.
ab spa services to consider ... 3 and 5 pack spa services ... good things, including good results, often come in a set of 3 or 5. results from your treatments are enhanced with our therapists setting the expectation of what you can gain from successive and regular services. that's why we've created extra value for you with our 3 and 5 pack buying opportunities ...
- massage 3 pack ... from $75 per massage
- facial 3 pack ... from $100 per facial
- cryogenic anti aging face treatments 5 pack ... $150 per treatment